Mosse Lectures Now Online:
"The State University has thus both a peculiar power in the directness of its influence upon the whole people and a peculiar limitation in its dependence upon the people…..Herein is the source of its strength and the direction of its difficulties. For to fulfill its mission of uplifting the state to continuously higher levels the University must…..’”serve the time without yielding to it”’ it must recognize new needs without becoming subordinate to the immediately practical, to the short-sightedly expedient…..It must have the wisdom to make expenditures for results which pay manifold in enrichment….but which are not immediate and palpable." - Frederick Jackson Turner, 1921
- The Mosse Program is a direct beneficiary of current restitution efforts to locate and return the art collection of Rudolf Mosse (grandfather of George L. Mosse). For recent developments, and for more information, visit the Mosse Art Project
- DOWNLOAD: 2000 Exhibit Booklet about Mosse in Berlin, "Emigration, Exil"
- DOWNLOAD: Mosse Fest 2014 and Course Preview, November 17-18, 2014 - Event Program
- DOWNLOAD: Nick Thorkelsen Images from Mosse Fest 2014, "You Had To Be There"
- WATCH: Skye Doney, Mosse Project Assistant, on C-SPAN discussing World War I Exhibit
- Skye Doney and Eric O'Connor on the process of creating "1914: Then Came Armageddon" Exhibit
- READ: Steven Aschheim reviews "Eichmann Before Jerusalem" by Bettina Stangneth
- READ: Comic by Paul Buhle and Sabrina Jones, "Radical Walt! (Whitman, That Is)"
- READ: Joskowicz review of Karel Plessini, The Perils of Normalcy: George L. Mosse and the Remaking of Cultural History, 2014.